1924: Schofield High and Grammar School was built on the side of King Kalakaua’s hunting ground where lehua trees flourished. The high school division was a branch of McKinley High School.
1926: Leilehua celebrates its first graduating class.
1928: Leilehua adopted its colors, green and gold – the green from the pineapple fields and the gold for its fruit, which abounded the area.
1929: Leilehua’s first newspaper, the Sentinel, rolled off the press.
1932: Leilehua adopted the MULE as its mascot, the symbol of the US Army and the mascot of West Point Academy.
1949: The Schofield and Leilehua High Schools were combined and built on its present 32-acre site.
sign in front of school