old front of school
History:
1924: Schofield High and Grammar School was built on the side of King Kalakaua’s hunting ground where lehua trees flourished. The high school division was a branch of McKinley High School.

1926: Leilehua celebrates its first graduating class.

1928: Leilehua adopted its colors, green and gold – the green from the pineapple fields and the gold for its fruit, which abounded the area.

1929: Leilehua’s first newspaper, the Sentinel, rolled off the press.

1932: Leilehua adopted the MULE as its mascot, the symbol of the US Army and the mascot of West Point Academy.

1949: The Schofield and Leilehua High Schools were combined and built on its present 32-acre site.
sign in front of school