- All people can and want to succeed, and the key to unlocking this potential is self-esteem. We nurture self-esteem by respecting, listening and supporting individuals as well as providing opportunities for growth.
- Our practices and decisions must emphasize and result in improved student achievement and citizenship.
- Strong partnerships and collaboration among students, parents, staff, and community members will strengthen educational opportunities for our students.
- The success of our students is dependent on the quality of services we provide.
- Our school is dedicated to continuous improvement to more effectively meet the diverse needs of our students.
- Education must be relevant, integrated and meaningful so our students can meet the challenges of an ever-changing global society.
Our mission at Leilehua is to provide our students with quality educational services in a secure and nurturing environment. Fulfilling our mission will enable our students to be informed and responsible citizens, capable of participating in a global society.
We envision Leilehua as a place where:
- Students can participate actively in the learning process, work together cooperatively, and develop an appreciation for cultural and individual differences.
- Students, motivated to set and achieve their own goals, accept responsibility for their decisions that affect self and society.
- The school climate fosters a safe, secure, and nurturing environment; encourages personal growth and promotes sound values.
- Teachers using effective strategies and relevant curriculum, inspire students to value learning and continuously strive to improve themselves and their community.
- The school community promotes the growth of the students’ attitudes, knowledge and skills so they can contribute to and participate successfully in our global society.
- The pride of the Leilehua community is reflected in the collaboration among parents, staff, and community members to provide learning opportunities that empower students to exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.